You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.
We take Yogi to heart, so before setting up an Adwords account, we like to ask some questions to get a clearer understanding of your expectations.
What You Do
- What does your company (or team) do? If you have various products or services, please list them all.
- Who is your primary target market or audience for your products and services — list them all.
- What are you trying to sell or promote? What do you want people to do (buy, visit, download, subscribe)? Be specific about each product’s call to action.
Defining goals for this campaign
- How much do you want to invest in advertising on Adwords per month? Be specific.
- What kind of results are you looking for: Generating leads, Increasing traffic, Conversions to sales, lowering your costs-per-conversion/lead, branding? Please be specific and attach hard numbers to each goal.
- What would you consider a good return on investment? If the ROI differs between services or products, list each one.
About Your Customers
- Describe your typical customer. Be specific. If it’s a business, then who would find you at the business and who would approve.
- Where do your current customers live or work?
- How much is a typical customer worth in net and gross revenue for the one sale?
- How much is a typical customer worth over the lifetime of that customer?
More About Your Service
- What are the unique features of your product or service? Are they credible?
- What are the key benefits that your product or service offers?
- What features and benefits are most releant to your customers?
- What action to you want people to take after they click on your ad and when they get to your site?
- What information will people need before they would take this call to action?